Written By: Barry Laminack
The latest installment in the Legacy Fighting Championship, Legacy FC 9, is only weeks away. The card has gone through a few changes and is now taking shape and sets up to be a great night of fights.
With 11 fights scheduled, there is no shortage of action for the fans in attendance as well as those watching live on HDNet. Legacy shows have become the hottest ticket in town and even though we are still about 30 days out from the show, 80% of the tickets are already gone! You can get tickets at LegacyFights.tv.
The card has two title fights on it as the co-main event will see a battle of pit bulls. Gilbert “The Pitbull” Jiminez will try and do what the previous four guys before him have not been able to do and that is beat Daniel “The Pit” Pineda in the Legacy Cage. After losing to Chas Skelly for the second time at Bellator 19 in May 2010, the current Legacy Featherweight and Lightweight champion has been on a tear. With wins over Rey Trujillo, Levi Forrest, Ray Blodgett and Frank Gomez, Pineda is unquestionably one of the hottest fighters in Houston right now.
The main event of the evening will feature Jorge “Macaco” Patine taking on Mike “The Greek” Bronzoulis. When we first broke the news about this fight, we new it was going to be a candidate for fight of the year and nothing has happened that would change our minds. Macaco is fresh off of a victory over Pete Spratt at Legacy FC 8, where he won the vacant welterweight title. That title was vacated by none other than Mike Bronzoulis who gave up the hardware after signing a 3 fight deal with Strikeforce shortly after the promotion was bought out by ZUFFA, LLC (the owners of the UFC).
Be on the look out for a detailed breakdown of each fight on this card in the coming weeks. Until then, here is the card as it stands right now:
- 170 (C)Jorge Patino (20-13-1) vs Mike Bronzoulis (13-3-1)
- 145 Gilbert Jiminez (5-3-1) Vs (C)Daniel Pineda (14-7-0)
- 168 Jeff Rexroad (4-1-0) vs Paul Kelly (11-4-0)
- 170 Jonathan Harris (5-1-0) vs Antonio Flores (5-3-0)
- 135 Cody Williams (2-0-0) vs Steve Garcia (8-5-0)
- 185 Patrick Hutton (3-2-0) vs Noel Ligon (2-0-0)
- 170 Jeremy Morris (1-1-0) vs Justin Murray (3-1-0)
- 170 Frost Murphy (2-0-0) vs Cris Rucker (0-0-0)
- 155 Randy Hauer (7-12-0) vs Jesus Rivera (6-2-0)
- HVY Rakim Cleveland (2-1-0) vs Derrick Lewis (2-0-0)
- 145 Jeremy Mahon (1-3-0) vs David Armas (0-1-0)